CREATED AND UPDATED BY: M♡M

Happy Mothers Day!

May 11, 2009

These last two weeks I've been busy. I got a haircut and even though it wasn’t the best haircut, at least we got to teach the haircut lady. Last week an ex-missionary who was here a year ago, and who was borne (started mission) in Moravia also, came and he did divisions with us the whole day.

The Villarreal home was robbed last week and they took everything. Bro Villarreal still did his home teaching this month. The Tobar family had a baby this week and his name is Derek. The mother and baby are doing fine. Hno. Vargas, who’s been out of a job for a few months now, finally found one. We were at his house when his family got the news that he had a job. We all jumped up and down and everyone was pretty happy and relieved. Abigail Jimenez (the Jimenez’s 3 year old granddaughter) has been in the hospital lately because she had water in her lungs so they had to operate. They are going to put a tube in her and drain her lungs. Hno. Saenz moved this week and we helped him move. He moved to Desamparados where one of his daughters lives. That daughter’s husband just got baptized a couple weeks ago and he’s a really cool guy.

The flu porcine (swine flu) or whatever it’s called is freaking out all the members here. The members won’t shake our hands because they think we have it or something. My comp does cough like he’s dying but he’s always done that. I guess the first guy to die from porcine in Costa Rica lived down the street from Hno. Saenz. We saw a news truck and the casket carrying car pass while we were helping Hno. Saenz move on Saturday but don’t worry we’re not going to die (I hope).

Everything’s been going OK with my recent converts, but this last week they have been struggling. Mario has been lonely and stressed without his brother and he was a little drunk the other day when we went to visit, and he yelled at us. Also Leo started smoking the other day. Neither of them made it to church yesterday and Vera couldn't make it either. As you know, I have changes this week. I’m excited to get to know another area, but I hate leaving this area because I like it and I don’t want to leave my recent converts when they are struggling like this.

I have no idea where I'm going to be moved to but changes are Wednesday this week (usually Thursday) and I have a lot to do before I leave and not much time to do it. Today we played soccer with some local chapulines again. We can always just find kids on the street and get a game going. We also went to San Jose and I bought some new shoes (finally!*Ü*) and a better umbrella. Then we ate at Subway (yum). We had a good time and I’m going to miss my district (Ash, Tagliaferi, and Kamiya). Mom I’m getting hno. Saenz to make you and I some leather wrist bands I designed myself. Dad, I’m getting hno. Saenz to make you a leather tie like the he made me, except with something else added on to make it better. I don’t know when ill actually receive them, but the sooner the better.

Fue un placer hablar con todos ustedes ayer. Til next time. Chao.

Hi Mom,
Happy Mothers Day! I'm glad I got to talk to you yesterday. Sorry we didn't have more time. Can you tell me again what everyone got you. I'm sending you a leather, Anthony designed, bracelet/wrist band thing. Hno. Saenz is going to make it and then get the missionaries to get it to me and ill get it to you. Thanks for all that you've done for me and sorry for being a terrible son. I love you and hope you had a good Mothers Day.
Love,
Your awful, yet favorite son,